Last Sunday, we had a baptism in Brasov. Her name is Ioana and she is 70 years old. Her husband died and her daughter lives in England. She was so excited to find the gospel. We got to help the Sister's teach her. They asked Elder Powell to perform the baptism but he felt it would be better for her to have someone in the branch do the ordinance so that she would feel more connected to the branch. Our missionaries work so hard. We love working with them.
Last Tuesday, we had a HUGE snow storm. It snowed all day long and by the end of the day, we had about 6" of snow on the ground. It was so unusual that it made the national news. It was pretty and the first snow storm is always fun. Everywhere we went, people were laughing and talking about it. But it sure is cold and feels like winter already. We hope it's not here to stay.
We hope this doesn't affect our travels. We're not sure how well they handle snow removal.
On P-day, our district went to Peles Castle - some of them had not seen it yet. The woodworking and craftsmanship in the castle are amazing! There is so much history around Brasov.
The castle is located in these beautiful mountains.
Today we watched General Conference on the internet and it made us feel like we were home for a minute. It was such a great conference and it made us so grateful to have a living prophet and the restored gospel in our lives.
Glade is so humble. Would have been neat to preform the baptism but he let's someone else do it. Boo snow! That's a ton! Freezing? That castle is pretty! I'll be sure to read conference next month ;-)
ReplyDeleteConference was amazing and I love the stained glass window! Be safe in that snow.
ReplyDeleteThat is a ton of snow! I am not looking forward to that! The woodwork in that castle is beautiful! I have been able to listen to conference via the internet and it's been wonderful! Wish I could have watched it...
ReplyDeleteHoly COW!!!! The weather outside is frightful! You guys got a lot of snow. It looks pretty though! The handiwork in this castle is spectacular! I love that staircase. Did you get to go up it, or just look at it? I loved the picture of the mountains from the castle. It was summer, fall and winter all in one picture. BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on adding another member to the branch! WONDERFUL!
ReplyDelete