Current Weather in Brasov, Romania

Sunday, July 21, 2013

20 Year Anniversary Celebration

July 13th was the 20 year celebration of the church officially being
here in Romania. They had celebrations back in Utah and here in Romania. They had a video interview with each of the former mission presidents who told what Romania was like while they were here. It was exciting to see how much progress has been made in 20 years.




We picked up President Chirila (the first counselor in the mission presidency) in Ploiesti and took him to Bucharest with us. He was one of the first members to join the Church in Romania.







We found a place that said they could order us a new windshield for the Skoda which we broke on our trip to Galati. Not quite like the dealerships back home but they got the windshield and put it in.

Our branch president here in Brasov works there and he speaks English, which made a big difference.




On P-day the sister missionaries wanted to go see the Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle) before transfers at the end of the week.

Dracula still wasn't home so we were still unable to give him a Book of Mormon - maybe next time.





While we were at the castle we met this family (we forgot to write down their names). He was with the first group of missionaries that were sent to Romania. They were here visiting and attending the 20 year celebration of the Church being in Romania.







Not sure if they have a mold problem but I think they have a moss problem.









We went to Bucharest on Wednesday to get some travel documents and when we got there, they took the Skoda and gave us a new car. It's an Opel Corsica. It's a little smaller than the Skoda but it is brand new and we shouldn't have any car troubles as we travel throughout the country this next year.





We love the "LDS" on the license plates of the mission cars in Romania.




2 comments:

  1. You two are so funny with dracula! Wish I hadn't been working and could have watched the celebration. I'm sure it was neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat that they had a big celebration. I can't believe it's been 20 years! I tried to watch the celebration but it didn't work. It only saw about five minutes total. I was so bummed. I was hoping to see you two! I love the "moss problem" that is hilarious! Love that you two still have your personalities!

    ReplyDelete